Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Savior

On Sunday afternoon I went to visit a sister in the ward who has battled Leukemia for the last 2 years. I don't really know her well, but had felt a prompting last week several times to "fit her into my schedule."  She had been moved to a long term care facility, but with good prospects of getting out soon after spending most of the last couple of years in the hospital or at home in a germ free environment.  I took another friend, Paula Christiansen, who has breast cancer with me.  When we got to the care facility, we found out that the sister had been moved to American Fork Hospital, so we went to go see her in the emergency room.  She had taken a turn for the worse, with the cancer back in full force and given only 2 weeks to live.  Her arms were black, and she had an oxygen mask on, but she recognized us and we visited for a while in a tender situation.  My mom is suffering from a heart that is giving out.  Dave's mom has a mass on her pancreas.  All these loved ones were on my mind when I looked at my email this morning. Meridian Magazine (online) sent this today.  Right now I am in the middle of doing a Venetian plaster on the study walls (a story of frustration), but clicked the computer to hear this while I worked.  With plaster crusty hands, I kept hitting the repeat button.  It is good to remember that we are never alone in our suffering and there is one who completely understands.  This is the first conference address ever given by Neal A. Maxwell:

No comments:

Post a Comment