Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween, 4th Anniversary

It has been four years of marital bliss, albeit a little strange living apart for much of it.  I picked up my handsome man at the airport on Friday morning and we headed off into the far reaches of Salt Lake City for a proper city walk, exploring the old city hall, the new modern library, and the Red Butte Gardens at the U of U.  He spoiled me with symphony tickets and the King's Singers.  Then he spoiled me with a night at the fabulous Grand America Hotel, and then he REALLY spoiled me with a new camera!  The one I have been lusting after for awhile... the Cannon 5D Mark ii with an L lens.  I am struggling to figure it out, turns out that a great camera does not make a great photographer.  I will have to practice. 
Above:  iPhone
Below:  new camera
Carving:  Gabe wood
Gabe just got home from a scary movie while I was posting this.  I had turned out the porch lights to indicate that the candy was gone, and locked the front door when he got dropped off by his friend.  The door banging was immediately intense and I hurried to open it.
Me:  How was the movie?
Gabe:  Really scary.  I think I will sleep in your bed tonight.  I am going to wash my face here (bathroom next to the study where I am).  I haven't washed my face for 3 days.
Me:  Why?
Gabe:  Too scary
Me:  Too scary to wash your face?
Gabe:  Yeah.  You have to close your eyes and put your head down.  I imagine that I will open my eyes and the scary (reaches out his hands wide and makes a face)... will be there behind me when I look in the mirror.

 Red Butte Gardens:  iphone
New Camera: Ruby at Daddy's birthday party on Sunday
 Happy Birthday Craig
 New camera:  Caleb and Dad
 Kara's iphone:  too cute to not include

No comments:

Post a Comment